Tuesday 24 April 2018

NATURE: PRIKA

Hello Friends!!!
I'am so excited to share my new mixed media wall art piece "NATURE", designed for PRIKA - All About Crafts Blog. This creation is so close to my heart, as it brings lots of positive vibes, Don't you think ? 


I am a nature lover and admiring nature around you will ignite your inner self-generating a positive attitude in your nature. For me, a simple way to attract good energy is to be in nature. Filling my home with these type creations with positive energy really help me to raise my vibrations and help me along my path of purpose. I love to make many DIY projects to keep in my house which inspires nature. The beauty of flowers, color of the nature and touch of the breeze is what makes me stay happy and feel also others happy too.


I have created this mixed media decor piece with lots of pistachio shells, I loved the effects so much. I used some supplies from Prima marketing- Finnabair like Rust effect paste set, Metallique Green Olive acrylic paint, 3D gloss gel and Lindy's sprays, magical shakers, as they are so perfect if you want to add colors of your choice. 
Kindly go through images, description below and enjoy the making of this mixed media decor piece.


Step by step tutorial for making Mixed Media art piece "NATURE".

Step.1: I applied Prima Marketing Haevy Gesso-White to cover the whole MDF piece, dried it properly. Then, added some natural twigs, pistachio shells and natural brown hemp twine to create background with lots of nature inspired elements like branch of tree with a nest, flowers, leaves, weeds beside the lake. 

Step.2: Then, I used different stencils with Prima Marketing-Modeling Paste- Opaque Matte to create some extra textures here and there. After drying, further added many colors using Lindy's starburst sprays (Drop Dead Gorgeous Green and Sea Grass Green), also added other shades using Bratwurst Brown magical shakers.

Step.3: I used many die cuts leaves (colored with Mont Marte acrylic paints Lemon Yellow and Sap Green), woolen thread, paper clay embellishments,metal charms and miniature eggs to give it a beautiful scenic textures and effects. I used Prima 3D Gloss Gel to adhere all the embellishments. Then, dried it completely and added Finnabair Art Alchemy- Metallique Green Olive acrylic paint along with some Lindy's sprays ( (Drop Dead Gorgeous Green and Sea Grass Green). Dried completely using heat gun.

Step.4: I selected some Little Birdie 3D alpha stickers from Itsy Bitsy to write "NATURE" sentiment and colored them with Lindy's magical shakers (Bratwurst Brown and Lederhosen Laurel) by sprinkling some magical powder on the letters.

Step. 5: At the end applied Finnbair Mint- Green Patina effect paste and Rust effect pastes (Red rust effect paste and Gold rust effect paste).

Step. 6: For finished look added some ready made flowers, berry and ball chain to this mixed media project.

Few more Close-ups:



Hope you enjoy the making of this mixed media decor piece.

Used Supplies:
Lindy's Store:
Aleene's Quick Dry Tacky Glue


I hope you love my creation, Please visit me on my some social network places and leave some love!!! I really love reading your sweet comments!!

Thank you so much for visiting my blog.
Love and Hugs
Dr Monika Tripathi Shukla
UrooCreations


I would love to join following amazing challenges by this month:

1. Mixed Media Warriors- Creative Challenge #27: The April moodboard 


2. More Mixed Media Challenge: "Anything Goes" - optional Yellow

No comments:

Steampunk Notepad for Lindy's Gang - Step by step Tutorial

  Hello sweeties, I have designed a steampunk notepad for Lindy’s Gang blog. I have used my favourite Lindy’s Gang Magical powders (Rizzo’...